The NHS operate a zero tolerance policy with regard to violence and abuse and the practice has the right to remove violent patients from the list with immediate effect in order to safeguard practice staff, patients and other persons.
We will not tolerate any form of physical or verbal abuse.
Violent patients will be reported to the police and removed from the practice list incidents including:
- Is physically violent or threatening towards a doctor, practice staff or other patients on the practice premises.
- Gives verbal abuse or makes threats towards the doctor, practice staff or other patients.
- Gives racist abuse, orally or physically.
- Causes physical damage to practice premises or other patient’s property.
- Is violent or uses or condones threatening behaviour to doctors (or other members of the primary health care team) while visiting the patient’s home. Such behaviour may involve the patient, a relative, a household member, or pets (such as unchained dogs).