FOR INFORMATION REGARDING ACCESS TO GP SERVICES DURING COVID 19 PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW
*If you have been asked to come to the surgery for an appointment please arrive wearing a mouth and nose covering, if you don't you may well not been seen. Thank you*
Important information patients about GP appointments
If you have had any contact with the surgery over the last week or two, you are likely to have noticed a marked difference in the way things are being done. We have done this to minimise face to face contact between patients and staff, limit the spread of the Covid-19 virus and keep our practice team and patients as well as possible. The information below shows you how we plan to operate over the coming weeks:
Making an appointment
- Our GP practice has now moved to a total triage system. This means that all requests for appointments must be made via the phone 01753 860334 or online through our website www.sheetstreetsurgery.co.uk.
- Each request will be passed to a doctor or a nurse for assessment. You may find that we treat you by phone, video link, or we may ask you to come for a face-to-face consultation;
- Access to the surgery premises or another local surgery will only be if you have been asked to do so and there will be clear arrangements discussed with you as to how we can safely do this. Please do not come to the surgery unless you have been specifically asked to do so.
Attending your appointment
- If you need to have a face to face appointment please ring the doorbell and wait. You will be given a mask to wear in the surgery or in your car.
If you are able to, please continue to use the NHS App to order your repeat prescription. You do not need to come to the surgery to register to do this;
- If you cannot order your repeat prescription any other way then you may deliver this through the outside surgery letter box – this can be done without accessing the reception.
How can you help?
- Please be patient – our phone lines are very busy;
- Do you have a condition that you can treat at home? If you do then please try to do this with advice from either your pharmacist or from NHS online;
- Do you simply need general advice? If you do, can you call 111 for this or visit our website to access E-consult
- If you think you may have Covid-19 DO NOT go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Use the NHS111 Online service to find out what to do next: 111.nhs.uk/covid-19;
- If you feel you need to see a doctor for non-Covid-19 symptoms then please call 01753 860334 and we will discuss your needs;
- Please help the receptionist by giving them as much information as possible and answer any questions they may have. This will help us prioritise calls and have the right clinician call you back.
- Have you nominated a pharmacy for the transmission of electronic prescriptions? This will prevent the need for either you or pharmacy staff from coming to the surgery. The nomination of a pharmacy can be done via your online app or speaking to your pharmacist or GP surgery directly.
- Please check our website for updates
We do anticipate staff shortages due to isolation and sickness and aim to continue to give you the best possible care at this difficult time and appreciate your continued support with this.
Parking Notice: PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN THE SURGERY CAR PARK. We are in a security zone, unauthorised cars may be towed away. We cannot accept any responsibility should this happen.
Patient Experiences 2019 Top of Form
90% find it easy to get through to this GP practice by phoneBottom of Fo
94% find the receptionists at this GP practice helpfulTop of Form
92% say the healthcare professional they saw or spoke to was good at treating them with care and concern during their last general practice appointmentBottom of Form
94% were involved as much as they wanted to be in decisions about their care and treatment during their last general practice appointment
98% felt their needs were met during their last general practice appointment
The new dates for the Autumn-Winter 2019 HealthMakers self-management courses from Berkshire Healthcare are now available. Patients who have a long term health condition and would like to self manage better and feel more in control, can sign up to one of these local courses. Select the link here for details of these six week courses: HealthMakers Autumn-Winter 2019
To book a place:
Telephone: 01344 415947
(Site updated 16/11/2020)